Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Exhibition cont....




Often when I am preparing for an exhibition, I am in a complete state of panic, trying to get too many things done in too short a time frame (all my own doing!), and in the process there are usually many melted things that aren't meant to me melted - more frustration!

But this year, I was determined to be more on to it and have made a concerted effort all year to keep ahead of my sales and have a decent sized body of work to show. In June in Wellington, there has been an annual jewellery showcase for the last 3 years, but the cost of entering this became prohibitive this year, so a group of us got together to have a fringe festival - consisting of a street stall at the bottom of Cuba Mall. Even a fine wintry day couldn't prise much $$ out of people's back pockets... we're all dreaming of a credit crunch Christmas....

I did make one sale, but it also meant that I was really well set up for the end of year exhibition. So in these piccies are a couple of bracelets that I have been making for the last couple of years - these are adjustable to fit different sized wrists and the looseness/tightness preferred by the wearer. I have only started making the square-linked bracelets this year - both of these sell for $80NZD.

No comments:

Post a Comment